"Stuff Your Eyes With Wonder..."


"Sweet dreams are made of this 
Who am I to disagree? 
I travel the world 
And the seven seas, 
Everybody's looking for something."
- Eurythmics


In my last blog post you learned that besides being a Veteran, I'm also a "Military Brat."   

Because I've been affiliated with the US military most of my life, I love traveling and discovering new places to the point that I get "itchy" if I haven't changed my scenery for a spell.  

I know this yearning to explore also came from my British mother who was a bit of a trailblazer herself during my early childhood.  As a single-parent family for the first 9 years of my life, I distinctly remember living in multiple countries with her, typically getting from point A to point B on foot, train, bus and yes, even hitchhiking.

Gone are the days that I would dare to hitchhike, however as long as I have my camera, I have no issues walking miles until I find something good to photograph. 

Last week I did just that in Stuttgart, Germany where I happened to be for a quick business trip, because as they say, "you only get to live this life once." 

Here are a few images I captured as I clocked approximately 5 miles of meandering up and down several steep hills, city streets and neighborhoods.


Winter in Stuttgart


Nothing like starting a walk at the base of a hill (but the alien "Death Star" in the center of the round about was intriguing)

Is it a bad sign when the local statue is wearing winter gear?!


It's important to look up on your walk, you never know what you may find...staring down at you...


German Street Car


 Technical High School Stuttgart, building originated in 1894


There was no shortage of transportation options (if you had Euros and local language skills...hence my walking tour.)
There was also no shortage of steep hills


Luckily a bench awaited my arrival


The steep climb was worth it to find this breathtaking view

"Stuff your eyes with wonder, he said, live as if you’d drop dead in ten seconds. See the world. It’s more fantastic than any dream made or paid for in factories."
     — Ray Bradbury


Want to see the pictures from the entire photo walk?  Check out the Stuttgart Street Photography Gallery (this link will take you to my photography website).

Laura Hatcher is a retired Naval Officer, Mother, Harley Rider and Published Professional Photographer located in Northern Virginia.

Like what you read?  Please hit the "Subscribe" link above to receive future blog posts via your email.

Keep up with Laura's latest photos on Instagram  - Facebook - LinkedIn

Comments

  1. Love your blog! The pictures are amazing and I want to book a trip to Stuttgart today!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment