It's Not About You...


"Never throughout history has a man who lived a life of ease left a name worth remembering." 

--Theodore Roosevelt


Are you retiring from the military in 2020?

Are you on the fence about having a ceremony?

Yes I know, it's so much easier to slide out the back door.

Yes I know, you don't want to "bother" your command.

Yes I know, you think your kids don't care, (I thought the same until one of those said kids insisted on giving a 1:16 impromptu speech about how proud he was of my service.)

And yes I know, it's a personal choice and not a requirement.

But,  it's not about you....



It's about your mother who has been bragging about you since you enlisted.

It's about that nephew who you inspired to study to be competitive enough for a service academy.

It's about that junior Sailor you mentored to stay the course.

It's about that significant other who sacrificed their career to follow you around.

It's about your peers, who had your back and would follow you into harms way.

And maybe, it's about that Senior Officer, who just wants to verify you're leaving....

It's not about you.  



I'm a Northern VA/DC metro area photographer with experience capturing military milestones and I'm looking forward to helping you Celebrate Your Service!

Check out a sample of my work here.

Laura Hatcher is a retired Naval Officer, Mother, Harley Rider and Published Professional Photographer located in Northern Virginia.  Her Studio is on 218 North Lee Street, Alexandria, VA 22314.

Like what you read?  Please hit the "Subscribe" link above to receive future blog posts via your email.

Keep up with Laura's latest photos on Instagram  - Facebook - LinkedIn


Comments